Arrrrgh! F'n gs w/ no spark!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrrrgh! F'n gs w/ no spark!!!!!

Ok, heres the deal, I rode my 83 gs 450L to work last august and thats still where it sits. So far i've replaced both coils (a 180 dollar mistake) and today i've changed the signal generator (another hundred I guess I didn't need to have) and still no spark. On the verge of taking it out into a field and using it for target practice. Would anyone have a suggestion to solve this issue or is the gs'r going to have to look at the wrong end of my 30-30.

Only one piece to go for a brand new ignition. Check the igniter.
    Last edited by chef1366; 01-21-2007, 02:56 PM.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Ignition woes

I had similar ignition problems. Here is a post describing the trouble shooting
      procedure I used. It is at:

Good luck, Dick V

Comment

Check out the "Stator Papers" on this site. It deals with the rest of the electrical system, and should provide the needed tips on testing where the problem is before you spend any more money...

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
        X