Largest capacity fuel tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Largest capacity fuel tank?

Does anybody here know what is the largest capacity fuel tank used on the GS line is? I keep thinking about trying to graft a larger tank onto my GS 1000 for the additional mileage between fillups.
    1979 GS 1000

I think that the katanas had a 6, most of the 1100 series had 5, as did the 850. I've got a rather large tank from a 750L that I think is 5 gallons, that would be a large tank indeed for a 750.
    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I think that I have the smallest tank ever put on a GS or it sure seems that way.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

You can check this site:
        http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/bik...i%20%20%20.htm

Comment

I believe the largest capacity fuel tanks are on the shaft drive G models--850,1000,1100 (but not the GLs). They are 5.8 gallons. It would make sense that the more touring oriented bikes would get the largest gas tanks.
          Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Will the G-model tanks fit on a non-G bike

Does anyone know if the G-model 1000 tank will fit on a chain-drive GS 1000? Can the gas gauge be made to work with the larger tank, or is the sender in the bigger tank all you need?
            1979 GS 1000

Comment

The GSX tanks on the early GS/GSX1100E and GS/GSX750e bikes were bigger than the GS (US) tanks...not sure how much bigger but it looks to be a good deal more.
              GS Tank:

GSX Tank:

Hap

Comment

may not help

I had a Kawasaki KLR650 (very nice bike) with a huge tank - and it's the only bike I ever ran out of gas and had to push.

Comment

Working...
                X