GS700 Air box removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS700 Air box removal

How do you remove the air box from a GS700 without removing the engine, or the cylinder head? Or can you? I would like to keep it in one piece.

I have not had the experience myself, although this is what distraction told me was involved.:-D

Frist does yours seprate, most don't as they where glued at the factory. If yours does then it's a peice of cake.
    I bet it's as one peice.... take your manifold flanges off the motor,, remove the bolts holding your exhaust to the frame and loosen the header flange bolts. place a small floor jack under the motor with a peice of wood, jack up till you touch the bottom of the motor, now take out all the motor mounting bolts, loosen your rear axle and chain adjusters and push the wheel towards the front of the bike .... now lower your motor in the frame and push as forward as you can .... now from the right side of the bike...yes as if you where sitting on the bike..... tilt the air box and try to slide it in...it is very tight,,,, you may even half to take the cam chain tensioner out to get enough angle..there might be a few other things to remove,,,,oh yeah take the cover off the drive sproket and remove the lower part of the clutch cable...maybe somethings I forgot......then once you get it back in reverse all of that........FUN FUN FUN......

Comment

Originally posted by SVTF150 View Post
      How do you remove the air box from a GS700 without removing the engine, or the cylinder head? Or can you? I would like to keep it in one piece.
      You may as well remove the engine to remove the air box in one piece or spend twice the time trying as the previous post instructs only to exclaim, probably laced with a few adjectives.... "man, I should have just removed the engine."
      Last edited by Guest; 02-13-2007, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Naaaaa it wasn't to bad about 1hr 30mins to do it all unbolt to rebolt....

Comment

I couldn't get mine out without moving the motor or destroying it. Those are your 2 choices. Ray.

Comment

I got it out....But I had to take all of the motor mounts and the cam chain tensioner off. Then I still broke the little nub for the crankcase breather off. It was not an easy job.

Comment

I'm sorry you had a rough go of it.

Comment

I am fortunate not to have to go through this as my bike came with pods on it\\/,probobly a worthwhile purchase if you are good with jetting . Both for the preformance increase and ease of removing/installing the carbs.

Comment

how do you support the carbs with no air box? did you make a bracket?

Comment

I used zip ties and looped them on the bracket on the back of the carb to the frame where the tank guard is.

Comment

Working...
                    X