Some Connection Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Connection Questions

I don't have my manual yet so I thought I would see if someone could answer this for me. There are two hoses not connected to anything and I want to be sure that is correct.

1st - There is a hose at the bottom of the air box that just goes no where, is this a drainage hose or something?

2nd - There is a hose that comes off the esending unit underneath the gas tank that doesnt appear to connect to anything. Is this normal? Whats it for?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the hose coming off the airbox is a drainage hose (in the event you get some water/moisture in your airbox). And the hose coming from the sending unit is also a drain hose incase that gasket leaks, it will be directed below the bike instead of onto the hot engine!

Comment

Yes and Yes!
      Hose at the bottom of airbox is a drain for fuel that may overflow into the airbox.
      Hose from the fuel level sending unit wich goes nowhere is a breather.

Comment

Originally posted by JTsGS650 View Post
        Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the hose coming off the airbox is a drainage hose (in the event you get some water/moisture in your airbox). And the hose coming from the sending unit is also a drain hose incase that gasket leaks, it will be directed below the bike instead of onto the hot engine!
        You are correct sir.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by JTsGS650 View Post
          (in the event you get some water/moisture in your airbox).
          Yup ....water/moisture, fuel, spilled coffee, etc. :-D
          There are also two breather/overflow hoses from between carbs 1&2 and 3&4 and on my bike there's an overflow hose coming from the battery.

Comment

Thanks all, thats what I needed to know

Comment

If you point the ends of those two hoses towards the rear of the bike, you will benefit from the thrust produced as the liquids exit the hoses...:roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call View Post
                If you point the ends of those two hoses towards the rear of the bike, you will benefit from the thrust produced as the liquids exit the hoses...:roll:
                That's true, Hap, but you have to make sure the hoses are exactly the same length, otherwise you may get side-torque on rotation...

Comment

Originally posted by Norseman View Post
                  That's true, Hap, but you have to make sure the hoses are exactly the same length, otherwise you may get side-torque on rotation...

Good point! Whew...that would be hard to overcome!:-D ;-)

Hap

Comment

If you spill coffee on a cold day you may want the hoses pointing up towards the seat to utilize the warmth in places where it is needed.

Comment

Working...
                    X