No announcement yet.

Sunstar sprocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info Tom. So you went 16/44. Isn't the 44 rear quite a bit smaller outer diameter than the stocker? If so, I'd think it would look a little funny if the chain guard doesn't cover it right. You know, the guard looking like it's mounted too high now?
    Thanks for replying. You never replied when I spilled my guts about how I feel awkward meeting people. Others replied and told me it's OK to be weird (thanks all...I think?) but I hope you didn't take it that way. I just didn't want you to think I was ignoring you.
    Sorry to change the subject.
    I'm sure you all know that lockwasher has to be folded over the nut. That nut commonly loosens up even after torquing it to factory spec'. The only thing keeping it on is that washer, which is plenty as long as it's folded down correctly.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Hey chief, install your old sprocket, not to spec torque, but snug it up good. Measure from an exact point on the engine case, to the center of a tooth on the old sprocket. Then do the same with your new sprocket, using no spacer. I think it should measure the same, as I don't think the noise dampeners affect the sprocket spacing
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Those plates where vucanizied to the sprocket to cut down on chain noise

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
          Thanks for the info Tom. So you went 16/44. Isn't the 44 rear quite a bit smaller outer diameter than the stocker? If so, I'd think it would look a little funny if the chain guard doesn't cover it right. You know, the guard looking like it's mounted too high now?
          Oops! I think I mis-stated the facts Kieth. Seems I went 2 up in the front, and 6 in the back. So I went from 15/42 to 17/48. That give me the same gear ratio. I didn't think about clearance on the chain guard. We'll just have to see about that.

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
            Hey chief, install your old sprocket, not to spec torque, but snug it up good. Measure from an exact point on the engine case, to the center of a tooth on the old sprocket. Then do the same with your new sprocket, using no spacer. I think it should measure the same, as I don't think the noise dampeners affect the sprocket spacing
            You're right. I followed up on Philip's link and it doesn't require any spacers.
            Thanks everyone.
            Bill
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
            X