GS850 Lift Handle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS850 Lift Handle?

Hi, new owner of my first GS so am still getting to know it, manual on order...but, should this bike have a 'lift' handle to help when getting it onto it's centre stand? I can do it by grabbing the rear shock but just wonder if this bit is missing?

Also, someone asked what the 'box' is underneath my headlamp but can't find the thread to reply...it's a square foglamp fitted by the previous owner that's wired to come on with dip beam (goes off on main beam). Will remove it sometime & get a new bottom yoke cover as it's been drilled through to mount the lamp - not something I would have done personally, but each to their own I guess...

Fuel gauge not working now - but was when I saw the bike for the first time in the shop so can't be a big problem? Any ideas on where I should start first while I'm waiting for the workshop manual?

Cheers again for all the friendly help & advice. John.

Check the connections for the fuel guage under your seat and in your headlight bucket. If you don't have one already get a manual which has wiring diagrams.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

It should have a lift handle on the same side as the "step" for the center stand. Try mrcycles.com or bikebandit.com. They have part's fiche that will help.

Here's an example for an 80/81 850G. The handle is #12, and $23.26.

This is from mrcycles.com. You may want to check the parts for sale section on this site or ebay. It would probably save you a bit of $. Also, I don't know if this specific part is interchangeable between models and/or years.

Brad bt

Comment

Yep, That's the Piece, I use it Every Day I Ride!:-D
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Cheers again everyone, I'll get it sorted...

Comment

Working...
          X