power to the headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power to the headlight

I purchased a 1983 GS750T over the winter. The PO indicated it had been in a minor accident (mailbox) and he had collected all the parts and reassembled most of it them lost interewst. He indicated the issue on the bike was wiring in the headlight bucket.

Well the bike now is running and with a few more parts to complete things I will be able to focus on the wiring in the headlight. Folks something is wrong here. It has 2 count them two headlight plugs in there and niether one of them light a headlight.

I think there was one in there and then when I replaced the left handlebar controls with one from a 750T it came with the wiring for the headlight (The switches that were on it was from a 77 to 79)

I don't have a wiring diagram for this bike but it seems like I should be able to sort this out. Fuses are good.

Tommorrow is is supposed to warm up a bit and I will spend some time with a voltmeter on it.

I dont know if this is stock or not but does your bike have headlamps like this? Maybe the extra plugs are for lights like these.

Oh. sorry, thats 750T. For some reason I was thinking 2 stroke waterbuffalo GT750
    Last edited by Guest; 03-03-2007, 06:07 PM. Reason: fuzzy thinking

Comment

Get a manual. It's saved my time and energy many times when it comes to electrical.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

It is a beautiful day in MO. I spent a couple of hours in the garage and have my wiring issues pretty well sorted out. Still don't have a tail light but it could just be a bulb Who knows?

The 750T is coming together nicely if I do say so myself.

Comment

There's nothing quite like having a block of several straight hours to tinker/ride your bikes, undisturbed, on a nice day (preferably with some good music and good smokes). I've been eye-ing some parts bikes on eBay for my next project, but things have been so freakin' busy for so many weeks that I wonder if I'll ever get to do another project.

Comment

Working...
          X