%#$#$#!!! Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

%#$#$#!!! Help!!

Well I got around to rebuilding my carbs this week on my 80 GS750L and low and behold 3 outta 4 carbs had JB weld on the float posts.... so I am not goin to rebuild broke carbs and jet them. I need to know what has interchanageable carbs with my bike.

TIA

Originally posted by Beef View Post
    Well I got around to rebuilding my carbs this week on my 80 GS750L and low and behold 3 outta 4 carbs had JB weld on the float posts.... so I am not goin to rebuild broke carbs and jet them. I need to know what has interchanageable carbs with my bike.

TIA
    Post in the wanted and check the for sale. A whole lot of carb deals are going on right now.

Comment

There isnt any interchangeablility between bikes??

Comment

go though here and look fo rthe same size carbs. bs32???
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Yes. BS32SS Mikuni carbs. Any rack of this kind will work. Just switch out your jets and jet needle.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I bought a set of BS34 last year off ebay!! Two of the carbs had broken posts

Comment

Hang on, Someone is about to tell you JB Weld won't disolve in gas and to go ahead and glue them again. Your on the right track, check Ebay daily, they show up all the time.

Comment

These will need a bit of TLC but should be what you need.

Comment

You can also have them fixed for probably what another ebay set will cost
                  www.motorcyclecarbs.com

Comment

Working...
                  X