Throttle actuation lever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle actuation lever?

Is there a way to somehow change the lever that the throttle cables are connected too; to somhow achieve a quicker turing throtle on the handle. To clarify I mean to go from stock turn to full throttle to 1/2 or 3/4 turn to full throttle. I hate having to twist it so much to get there.

I know what you mean. In order for me to get a full throttle I have to reposition my hand on the trottle cause I'm not double jointed.
    I'm very interested in any good mods also.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukfan78 View Post
      Is there a way to somehow change the lever that the throttle cables are connected too; to somhow achieve a quicker turing throtle on the handle. To clarify I mean to go from stock turn to full throttle to 1/2 or 3/4 turn to full throttle. I hate having to twist it so much to get there.
      I have a 1/4 turn, go to wo, on the 850. Not sure whether the OEM setup was like that for the VM carbs or if it is after market. It looks original though. I guess the leverage on the carbs is a determining factor as well.
      The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
      GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
      GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
      GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
      http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

Nod. I wish my throttle was quicker as well. The reposition-in-mid-romp thing is annoying!

Comment

throttle

You can but quicker action throttle assemblys (Magura, YZ 250H) but i have only seen them on race bikes with no bulky lights/starter or kill switch setups. You can try the dirt bike range and see whats there but u still have to deal with the switch block stuff.

Comment

IIRC, this ratio is calculated in the throttle assembly on the handlebar. As sharpy suggested, try a dirt bike throttle assembly with a quicker actuation. I believe the most common ratios are 1/2 and 3/4 turn (but I could be mistaken). Just remember, the shorter ratio will feel more "touchy", that is it will respond more per degree of rotation of the throttle.

Comment

Dirt Bike?

So no one out there has swicthed over and could tell me a dirt bike make and year? Hopefully I could do it without changing the o.e.m. look of the handle bar.

Comment

If you do this IT will only work with a single throdle cable. The slide carbs you would need to do away with the saftey return cable o use caution & do at your own risk. One way is to cut a small piece of PVC pipe & glue it to the throdle tube grouve, cut another grouve for the cable guide

Comment

Working...
                X