1100 GZ fork tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100 GZ fork tubes

Any ideas why the 1100GZ fork tubes are listed as a different part than than the 1100 GKZ tubes?
    Thanks.

Simple. The GK tubes are different from those on the G models. Your GS1100GZ tubes are probably the same ones that go on the GS850GZ. If they aren't the same number, they'll certainly interchange.

All GK model front forks are thicker in diameter than the regular 1100G model forks. They're also wider apart. The GK takes a different, wider, and stronger triple tree. Also different are the four mounting caliper bolts, which are longer (calipers are the same). Different as well is the front fender, which is wider, as you would expect by now.

When I committed my Bambicide 5 years ago, my stock GK forks were bent. I replaced the front end with a 1979 GS850G front end -- forks, triple tree, fender. They fit just fine and have been working fine since.

Since the GK is, by definition, a heavier bike with the stock frame-mounted fairing, Suzuki gave it a stiffer front suspension.

Comment

Excellent!
      Thanks Grandpa.

Comment

And the front fender is then also different between a G and a GK for the same reason: fork tubes are further apart. And forks tubes bigger on GK.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks again. You folks just saved me a couple of bucks on an ebay purchase that wouldn't work.

Comment

Working...
          X