Float Level Adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Float Level Adjustment

Does anyone have pics of the setup for checking float levels using the clear tube method? It has been described a thousand times:? , but apparently I'm too visual and need a pic to understand how it works. Thanks alot for all the help you all have been!:-D

float

Try this, connect clear vinal tube to the outlet on the fuel valve, turn the tube up past the top of the tank. Open the valve by sucking on the vacume tube. The fuel level will rise in the tube to the level in the tank.
    V
    Gustov
    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
    81 GS 1000 G
    79 GS 850 G
    81 GS 850 L
    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
    80 GS 550 L
    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
    2002 Honda 919
    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

You need some kind of adapter to screw/push into the float bowl drain opening the fuel level will show up in the tube

Comment

Where can I get a screw-in adaptor that will screw into the float bowl drains and allow clear tube to be fitted? This is for a '77 GS750. Is it a standard hardware store item?

Thanks
        Brian

Comment

The fuel level method is by far the most accurate way of adjusting the fuel in the carburetor bowls. I could not find a correct fitting to fit the carb drain plug threads.

I found a 90' spark plug boot that fit over the "boss" that the drain plug screws into. I found a clear piece of tubing that fit perfectly into the "wire end" of the spark plug boot.
          It worked. I attached a section from the manual to describe the process.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X