Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how-to adjust mikuni carb (with pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how-to adjust mikuni carb (with pictures)

I have a GS750 (1980) with different carbs than the carb cleanup tutorial, so i've started to disassamble on my intuition 8-[

There seem to be two adjustment screws (see pictures). Does anybody know how to adjust these correctly?

Thanks for the help!

Eck

Appears you have a bike with the older VM slide valve carbs. You can see a great how-to here:

http://www.thegsresources.com/files/vm_carb_rebuild.pdf

The carb cleanup tutorial is for Constant Velocity carbs. I think both tutorials should be posted in the same place.

Tomcat

Comment

Originally posted by eck View Post
      I have a GS750 (1980) with different carbs than the carb cleanup tutorial,
      Did you look at this one? http://www.thegsresources.com/files/vm_carb_rebuild.pdf
      Last edited by Guest; 04-18-2007, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Sorry Tomcat, you just beat me to it.

One thing I make sure to do when removing adjustable screws, is to screw them all the way in, carefully counting the number of turns. Then after I take them out, I can re-iinstall them to the same position, as a starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by denydog View Post
          Sorry Tomcat, you just beat me to it.
          Great minds think alike, don't they?

Wonder what we have to do to get both tutorials posted at the same place? The VM tutorial is hard to find.

Tomcat

Comment

I just posted your suggestion in the "Letters to the Editor" forum. We'll see if that does anything. Good suggestiion.

Comment

Originally posted by denydog View Post
              I just posted your suggestion in the "Letters to the Editor" forum.
              Thanks for that. Very well put, too!

Tomcat

Comment

Working...
              X