rear caliper body bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear caliper body bolts

82 GS 1100G. The two bolts that hold the rear caliper body together were a bugger to get out but I noticed there didn't seem to be any thread lock on them and no lock washers of any type. Struck me as odd because if these loosen you'll lose pressure to the rear brakes. What did you folks that have rebuilt your rear caliper do on re-assembly? Loctite or just torque the beejeebees out of them?

Torque to the manuals specs.
    I just love to use my torque sheet. Gotta love a good torque wrench\\/
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Originally posted by chiphead View Post
      82 GS 1100G. The two bolts that hold the rear caliper body together were a bugger to get out but I noticed there didn't seem to be any thread lock on them and no lock washers of any type. Struck me as odd because if these loosen you'll lose pressure to the rear brakes. What did you folks that have rebuilt your rear caliper do on re-assembly? Loctite or just torque the beejeebees out of them?
      Yeah, me too. Just torqued to spec. Anyone else have an opinion?

Comment

Just retorqued mine too and just fine.

Comment

I've built race and rally cars for years and, as a consequence, all brake and suspension components get a drop of loctite or a split pin (if there's room for one) on the bolt / nut.
          Makes me feel safer when I squeeze the brake lever or press the pedal in an emergency.

Comment

Working...
          X