• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High RPM Metod

High RPM Metod

I have some trouble with my GS 1000E -79
    When I turning airscrews on my carb I get higher RPM on all
    cylinders except no 2, only very small changes when I adjust in or out.
    The bikes runs well on the road in the range of idle to 3000rpm. That is the area
    where your pilot jet should be working.
    Is there anyone ho can describe the High RPM-metod?

by metod are you referring to method? The idea behind it is to adjust your idle mixture screws so that at idle you get the best air fuel mixture. Adjust each carb until your idle mix so that the rpms pick up, then adjust your idle speed lower. If you lets say turn the screw out and the rpm picks up and then keep turning it out and it goes down, turn it back in until it idles the highest. then turn your idle speed down to ~1200rpm adjust each cylinder so that it is running at its peak.

Make sure that you have your vaccume line hooked onto the #2 cylinder....

Nick

Comment

One of the reasons 2 of the cylinders aren't making as large of a difference could be how far off the carbs are synced. The RPM range doesn't really matter when you are talking about carb circuits.

The pilot circuit (as adjusted by the air screws) is most effective from 0%-25% throttle. Keep in mind that as you adjust this circuit it will make minor differences in the other circuits (Needle and Main). I got a digital tach for assiting with this tuning and found it helped a bit.

Comment

Thanks for answears. My english is not my best.

Comment

Don't worry about your English. They knew what you meant. Make sure the vacuum line that runs off your #2 cylinder to your petcock is good.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
            Don't worry about your English. They knew what you meant. Make sure the vacuum line that runs off your #2 cylinder to your petcock is good.
            Good call, I bet 5$ that's where the problem is, if that line is leaking really bad your pilot will be running lean no matter how much you adjust the airscrew

Comment

Working...
            X