gs 550l question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs 550l question

I know this is not technical to most of ye guys but what is the correct position for the fuel tap, pri, res, or on, ive just got my tank back from spraying and im not sure, also what is the correct tick over speed. sorry guys but im not in the least mechanical

corect position depends on how much fule is int he tank or if the carb bowls ar empty but after my GS 1000 seat fauz pas I shall be less a smart ass and more helpful

Pri is ofr when the float bowls are empty. Never run with the tap in this position nor leave it on except to PRIME the fule system.
    ON is for regular driving
    RES is when yah need to acess the wee bit of reserver fuel int he tanks after the machine spsutters out on ON

as for the idle speed can yah give us a year and fuller model designation?

Comment

Pri = Prime = When the carbs are empty turn it here to fill them up (rarely used except if you empty the carbs or the gas actually evaporates out of the carb)...Don't leave it on this setting when riding or when parked otherwise if you have a leaky float needle you'll have fuel where it shouldn't be when you come back.

On = On = This setting is where you keep it at majority of the time, it draws fuel from the tank when the engine is running while leaving a reserve amount that it won't empty from the tank.

Res = Reserve = When you start to run out of gas, while riding with the petcock in the "On" position you turn it to this setting to allow you to draw from the reserve supply and make it to the gas station instead of being stranded. DON'T I REPEAT DON'T ride with the petcock on "Res" unless you are making your way to the gas station otherwise you'll be able to run ALL the gas out of the tank and once you run out your stranded. Also once you make it to the gas station (after running out the main supply) make sure to switch the petcock back to "On"

As for idle speed I'd bet it's somewhere in the 1000 rpm neighborhood.

Comment

gs 550l

thanks guys

Comment

1100 RPM plus or minus 100 RPM

Sorry never noted the PM until today

Comment

Working...
          X