Key's missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key's missing

I just got another GS1100 and it has no keys I was wondering if the number on the seat lock can be used to purchase a new set of keys 8-[

I know on a honda the key code number is located on the lock cylinder bottom under the top tripple tree

has anyone had to get new keys ? how would I go about this ? :shock:

I've heard here that is true. Never did it myself though.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Look under the ignition lock for a numerical code.
      Take it to the Zuki shop or a Locksmith and have the keys made.
      (I took my whole ignition to the locksmith for my 1980 GS1100EX)
      It took them 10 mins or so to bring me back the ignition and new key..

As far as the seat lock, possibly-

Comment

I would think that if it was the original ignition, it would match the seat lock, Mike. My 82 1100EZ had a matched ign/seat lock.....
        Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

Comment

:-D Thanks guy's I'll try the seat lock code and see if that works . and I'll be sure and post the result \\/

Comment

i was told from Roadhawk Cycle, where i acquired and ignition switch recently, that Suzuki bikes only have 8-10 different keys. i walked away with a GSX-R key, fitting a GS850's switch to install in my GS450E.
            if you have a salvage shop nearby, they probably have a box full of keys and you can just try a few till one works.

Comment

Originally posted by catfishk View Post
              i was told from Roadhawk Cycle, where i acquired and ignition switch recently, that Suzuki bikes only have 8-10 different keys. i walked away with a GSX-R key, fitting a GS850's switch to install in my GS450E.
              if you have a salvage shop nearby, they probably have a box full of keys and you can just try a few till one works.
              No way, really? 8-10 different variants? That's dumb.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                I've heard here that is true. Never did it myself though.
                I just did yesterday, but for a Honda Nighthawk. The dealer took about 5 minutes to cut me a new key for a parts bike I bought. $20 including the blank, and it works fine.

Entirely unsure about a Suzuki, though (which was the original question...)
                and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                __________________________________________________ ______________________
                2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

I've got about 12 different Suzuki keys. never had one that fit another suzuki
                  The lock should have a 3 or 4 digit number stamped below the key slot. My local dealer has a box filled with leftover keys. I've matched numbers out of his box for bikes I've bought that came with no keys

Comment

Working...
                  X