Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petcock issues

Hello!

I have a disabled bike due to a petcock issue. It basically fell apart and I need to replace it. I am having a lot of issues with OEM as the part does not seem to be made anymore, and I have been unable to find used, though I prefer new.

Does anyone know where I can get a OEM replacement for a 79 550L? I will even go aftermarket if anyone can tell me who makes a petcock for this bike.

I need to get back on the road.

Thanks for the help.

Take a look here and see if they have one that will work. http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/Index_Main_Frame.htm

Bike Bandit says that they're discontinued...you may have to find a new replacement that will work, and do some re-routing. Good luck!

Comment

There are also a couple of petcocks on eBay right now. Check to see if any of the look like yours.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have checked out the crc2online site. Seems to have lots for the 80 550L, but not the 79. The petcock does not look the same. Does anyone know if there are similarities between the years? Other than the positioning of the holes to bolt the petcock onto the tank, is there any differences?

Maybe a newer petcock would work...

Comment

Working...
        X