Source for vacuum barbs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source for vacuum barbs.

I need to synch the carbs after rebuild. Where can I source barbs for attaching my manometer?

Also can anyone give a rundown on the procedure for doing 4 carbs? Easy enough on all my previous 2 carb bikes but a bit more challenging I think on a rack of 4.

All help is appreciated.

Cheers,
    Spyug.

Carbtune sell the adapters for there seperate. I don't know how much or what sort of postage from Northern Ireland to you but there must be a stockist near to you.

Suzuki mad.

Comment

The actual procedure is not much different for a 4-cylinder than it is for a 2-cylinder. 8-[

Assuming (yeah, I know) that this is on your 750, carb #3 is your master carb. (Just remember that the cylinders are numbered from clutch hand to throttle hand.) There are sync adjusters between 3&2, 2&1, and 3&4. First, adjust #2 to match #3, then adjust #1 to be .5cm higher than 2&3. Last, adjust #4 to match #1.

When I sync carbs, I take a couple extra minutes to re-check the mixture screws for highest idle speed, then re-check the sync while the gauges are still connected. Just a little peace of mind.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Check with Z1 Enterprises. www.z1enterprises.com. They sell a sync system with analog gages. Comes with brass barbs. You might be able to buy the barbs seperately. I like these barbs 'cuz they have the restrictors built in. Also two are longer for the inner cylinders.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the input.

Much appreciated.

Cheers,
          Spyug

Comment

Working...
          X