Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 gs1100 wiring diagram

Hello all

I am looking for the wiring diagram for the gs1100 81 model.
    I have the Clymer manual but it is missing the last couple of pages which completes the diagram and was wondering if it was available electronic anywhere or if someone could be so kind to scan and email it to me.

This would not be copyright infringement cause i have paid for the book

My email is nabrahams "at" gmail "dot" com

I have an intermident fault in my wiring i believe where my bike just dies now and then while riding.
    It loses all power and has been only for about a second but today it died to the point where i had to pull over but just as i was about to stop it come back to life enough to get me home around the corner.
    I am sure its not fuel as it completly loses power with no indication or warning and it is slowly getting worse.

Cheers

Nick

Clean the fuse posts with fine grade sandpaper and use plenty of dielectric grease. Replace all old fuses. Clean all grounds and connections especially battery and solenoid connections.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I have a Clymer manual for a shaft-drive 1100. Don't know if that will help you, but I will scan what I can and send it to you.

Well, I just looked in the book. Seems the only 1100s in there are GKs and GLs. Think that might help anyway?

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks Chef and Steve
        I am pretty sure its not a fuel problem but i won't rule it out either.
        I am unsure of the exact model the bike is as it has mods to it like the headlight changed from round to square and the stamp on it sais gs110X and GSX1100 as it is Australian released.

Here's a picture of it.

Comment

I just checked my manual and the correct diagram page has 1980 GS1100ET & GS1100EX on the top of the page.
          It is a 2 page diagram but i only have the first page.
          The manual has two bike diagrams and the first is for the GS1100LT which is only a one page diagram but this one is incorrect as it shows as having gear selected indicators which my bike doesn't.

Maybe i just answered my own query on the model and it to be a GS1100EX?

Comment

Working...
          X