Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

galfer ss brake lines thru cyclebrakes

Hi.
    Was wondering if anyone had ordered ss brakelines thru cyclebrakes for a 1000g? If so, could I ask what lengths they were? I am going to order the 2-line front and also the rear.
    Appreciate any info.

Rick

when i rebuilt the brake system on my bike i replaced the front (3) hoses with stock lines, but wish now i bought s/s. for teh rear I bought a custom s/s from the local dealer whom measured my existing rear hose and ordered the proper banjo bolts. it has tremendous braking power.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I was just hoping someone had gone to a 2 line front and had lengths measured. Cyclebrakes does not take returns on custom made lines. To compound the issue, both front calipers are off being rebuilt and the front master cylinder is also off. Maybe I should wait until I get those put back on before I order the lines.

Thanks again.

Rick

Comment

I have not. Have you considered Spiegler? They have a set custom made for your bike at:

Just a thought.
        Best of luck.

Comment

I'm getting a 2-line front set, one will be 40.5" and the other will be 37" and one for the rear which I was able to measure. Shipped will be 147 and change. Not too bad, aye.

Can't wait to give them a try! Everyone talks 'em up so much.

Rick

Comment

I ordered a set of galfer brake lines at the Chicago Motorcycle show today. They didn't have my set in stock so they are going to ship them to me. The price for 5 lines was 130 cash. I think that's a decent deal. The sales guy wasn't sure if the 5 line set included the rear line but said if I needed an extra one it would only be $20 extra.

Comment

Working...
            X