Wiring help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring help needed

I'm in the process of repairing the wiring on my 1100GK. I made the mistake of breaking apart a connector without noting what wires went where. The connector is on the right side of the frame outboard from the coils. I broke it apart because the entire connector had melted into a blob of hard plastic. Ordinarily it'd be a no-brainer. Just connect the like colored wires. The problem is that there are 8 wires with male ends, 4 wires with female ends and 2 jumpers with female ends on each end. One jumper is R/W and the other I think is grey. Somehow I misplaced that one.
    I would be forever grateful if someone could take a look at this connector on their bike and respond with the info I need. I'm pretty much at a standstill until I get this info. I'll be checking the board OFTEN.
    The wires with the male connector are: (2) O/W, Y/G, O/R, Grey, O/G, R/W, W/G
    The wires with the female connector are: (2) O/W, Y/G, Y/W
    Thanks in advance AGAIN for helping me out. Another lesson learned.
    Willie in TN
    Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
    '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
    '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
    '82 GS1100G Resto project

Wiring help

Comment

Thanks for the wiring diagram. I have the same one in my manual. I was able to find the correct connection for all but 2 wires. The Y/W and, I think, the O/R. According to the schematic in the manual, the Y/W wire goes to the gear indicator display. I guess the same wiring harness is used in a model with the gear indicator, the GK doesn't have one. Also, since the only other wire left without one to connect to is the Orange/Red, I figure it must go to the Yellow/White even though it doesn't do anything. I hope. lol
      I'll find out in a day or 2 when I fire it up.
      Thanks again.
      Willie in TN
      Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
      '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
      '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
      '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

You're right, the o/r does connect to the y/w. At least it does on the schematic for the GS700E. Suzuki tended to keep things the same between models.

Comment

Working...
        X