Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owners manual 1980 GS1000G

Hi,
    Does anyone have a copy of an "Owners Manual" for a 1980 GS1000G?
    It will greatly be appreciated.

Maybe someone has one laying around. But if not........these people have a few.

Comment

Thanks, but looking for a copy of the owners manual that used to come with the bike not the workshop manual.
      If some still has one and can copy it..... thanks!

Comment

Sorry, you did say it correctly but I just read what I wanted to read I guess. Hope you find one. Once in a while those things end up on Ebay as well.

Comment

I've got the one from my 81 1000G. If this will work, let me know and I'll take a stab a scanning it and e-mail it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by spindle View Post
            I've got the one from my 81 1000G. If this will work, let me know and I'll take a stab a scanning it and e-mail it to you.
            This must be my lucky day!! I really appreciate it. The 1981 model is supposed to be exactly the same. Again thank you!

Comment

Mr. spindle,

If you don't mind, once you get it scanned if you send me a copy I can hang it on the interweb and share it with everyone.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

spindle,
                Apologies for bumping this. Hope you get some time to copy the owners manual!
                Thanks in advance.

Comment

Sorry I haven't got back to you sooner. Things have been kind of busy. The manual is 65 pages and I hope to start scanning this weekend. I'll keep you updated better.

Thanks,

Comment

I've got one too somewhere for mine. Benefits of buying from original owner I guess.
                    1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

i have the owners manual for the 1000 and 1000e hosted at this link
                      www.appledor.net/~saddlewarmer/

Comment

A copy of the owners manual will be another step in getting my bike complete and be much appreciated.
                        Spindle, not trying to rush you and I really appreciate the offer as the 1980 shaftdrive manual is very very scarse
                        Thanks and appreciation in advance.
                        Last edited by Guest; 11-22-2007, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by saddlewarmer View Post
                          i have the owners manual for the 1000 and 1000e hosted at this link
                          www.appledor.net/~saddlewarmer/
                          Thanks saddlewarmer, but I am still hoping for the GS1000G shaft drive owners manual.
                          Hopefully spindle or salty-monk gets some free time to scan it.

Comment

First I have to remember to take it into work where the scanner is. Is there anything in particular you want from it? I haven't really used it for anything apart from looking at the recommended tyre pressures, the rest is also very basic stuff I'm sure you know or is in the Haynes or Clymer's manuals.

Dan
                            1980 GS1000G - Sold
                            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                              First I have to remember to take it into work where the scanner is. Is there anything in particular you want from it? I haven't really used it for anything apart from looking at the recommended tyre pressures, the rest is also very basic stuff I'm sure you know or is in the Haynes or Clymer's manuals.

Dan
                              Salty_monk,
                              I am actually looking for a "complete" one. This is why they are so scarse, normally about 60 pages to scan. I want to bind and laminate the outside pages, so that the bike is as complete as possible with a copy of the original owners manual. I am quite a fanatic about these things and to me it is part of the enjoyment of redoing this bike. Unfortunately no-one around here has one that I could borrow and scan, so I am much dependant on the goodwill of the forum members
                              I know its a lot of work and will really appreciate a copy, if it does not impact on your time.

Comment

Working...
                              X