No announcement yet.

Old skool carb cleaner???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys that is exectly what I was looking for. I will try tonight or tomorrow if I have time after work.

Comment

Found this on a 'Wing Tech site that details boiling....

Comment

When it come to a boil throw in a few shrimp and some new potato's!!! Might as well have some dinner to go with the carb diet!!!!

Comment

I went and tried it tonight. I used 2 1/2 gallons of distilled water and 2 1/2 cups of lemon juice. Boiled one side for 20 mins then the other side for 20.(They are goldwing GL1100 carbs) I had to take the intakes off as well.

Here is a before photo

During, boiling the carbs one end at a time

After, the carbs and intakes are cleaner than I thought they would be

It was extremely easy to do everything ended up very clean. Grease, grit, and oily gunk lined the pot that I used. I couldn't believe how well it worked out. Afterwards I used a little WD-40 to blow through some passages to ensure clear airways and to keep them lubed until I re-install them.:-D

Thanks for the tips guys.
          Last edited by Guest; 11-27-2007, 02:13 AM. Reason: IMG posting

Comment

Woah...lol i saw those pics, and hadnt read your post carefully, nor your sig line saying you had a Wing..and looked at those and wonder WTF GS did those come off?? LOL Look good! May have to give that a shot on my next cleaning just for sh1ts and giggles. I dunno bout WD40 in em tho...

Comment

Well I don't have my air compressor handy and I figured I would try to air dry/drip dry and the WD-40 would work to help displace the water and prevent the aluminum from coroding any while it dried.

Comment

Now they will have that lemony fresh scent going down the highway!!!! LOL!!!

Comment

How about on those black carbs? will boiling, peel the paint like some of the carb cleaners? Painting those really sucks.

Comment

Working...
                  X