Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody fitted Bandit forks and yokes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody fitted Bandit forks and yokes?

Just wondering

my gs750L has pitting on the fork legs, and I don't reckon replacing the seals would last long. so I'm weighing up my options.

I can get a set of bandit forks with yokes and spindle real cheap, or I can spend a load to get the sliders rechromed

so , Bandit 600 forks and yokes, has anybody put em on their GS, and if so...

1 do they fit?
    2 how much of a fiddle about is it to fit em?
    3 I really fancy this mod, as I could stick bandit brakes on as well, and be able to stop properly

Thanks gang

Ay up there m8, you might find the Bandit 600 forks a bit softly sprung for the weight of a GS. A complete GSXR 1100 front end are what you're after. Bolt on mod and good brakes. What have you planned to get the rear suspension sorted, ie swingarm, shocks, rear wheel etc?

Comment

aye, I know, it just seems like a good price. I dunno

Anyway, I don't tend to plan, I just tend to chew on stuff for ages, then make my leap of faith.

so far, I have bought, a lovely set of rear shocks, don't fkn fit. (eyelet both ends, instead of fork thing at the bottom) and changed the swingarm bearings and stuck a super cool metzeler whitewall tyre on. Stripped and replaced the brake seals etc. and put it all back together.

Just gotta sort these idiot weeping fork seals now, and I haven't done fork seals before, so thats why I wanted to make sure the fork legs were sound, which they are not . Might need to price up getting them rechromed, that would be the simplest option I suppose

Comment

Have to agree with 80gs on the b6 forks mate, only good for door stops in my opinion, which is why the are cheap, far to softly sprung & with the worst brakes of the family

bandit 12 are a far better option & will suit the gs perfectly in length & springing/ damping thats presuming you want to keep right way up forks, gsxr 1100k are very similar too & would also suit

later usd gsxr front ends are also good but may be a bit short for the gs & personally i'm not keen on screw in extensions to sort this out i'd rather let the front dip an inch & get quicker turning at the expense of ground clearance (although this can be sorted)

Nissin 4 pot calipers on any of the above which are well up to the job of stopping the gs's bulk

a complete front end is the easiest way to do the swap but you may still end up changing the stem & messing with lockstops depending on which one you go for

hope it helps :-D

Comment

Working...
        X