Which model is my GSX 1100???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which model is my GSX 1100???

Hello, I have a dude, my motorbike has the plastics and the gas tank of a GSX 1100 ET, but the number of the engine itīs GS110X-115357 itīs this number from a ET model or itīs other model??

I ask this, because I bought a complete gasket set for a GSX1100ET, and there are some which donīt can use.

Thank you, Iīm sorry for my english, Iīm Spanish.

Have a look at the headstock (the bit of frame at the front) which the yokes/tripple tree's fit to. On there should be a frame number.

Most of the records I know of work on frame number.

Suzuki mad.

Comment

I have to forget the frame number... when I buy the bike, I have to re-write again the frame number (donīt appear). I think, the bike, long time ago, before I buy, it has a big accident and somebody change the engine. This itīs the reason that I want to know to which model itīs the engine.

Thanks for asnwer.
      Last edited by Guest; 12-09-2007, 06:08 PM.

Comment

your local suzuki dealer should be able to tell you your model from the number you give him
        i think originally both the frame and the engine numbers correspond but if someone changed the engine then you need to make sure you buy parts for that particular engine
        (for example, my bike is a gt ('80) but the engine is a year younger, it's a gx ('81))
        GS850GT

Comment

also, if you can find a manual for 1100 - you can ask here at the site - the manual should have the info on numbers corresponding to models/years
          GS850GT

Comment

GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
              your local suzuki dealer should be able to tell you your model from the number you give him
              Itīs not possible, why??.. very easy, Suzuki, donīt be in Spain till 1984, then my bike I think itīs from 1982, then when I went to "Suzuki Espaņa", I give to they the frame number, or the engine number, they introduce the numbers in the computer and donīt appear nothing. My bike, arrive to Spain by Ceuta, not directly to Spain.
              Then in Spain there are not parts for buy and not information for this bike. I have always have to buy all parts by ebay. Normally in Germany or UK.

Thanks for answer
              Regards
              JuanMi.

Comment

i can relate to that... i used to live in croatia and had a 1980 yamaha xs750 (triple), it was a real mission to get information or parts, but luckily germany's not far away and i could always find there what i needed...

try contacting "jethro" on this site, i think he's got a few manuals for 1100
                good luck

Originally posted by Sparkie View Post
                Itīs not possible, why??.. very easy, Suzuki, donīt be in Spain till 1984, then my bike I think itīs from 1982, then when I went to "Suzuki Espaņa", I give to they the frame number, or the engine number, they introduce the numbers in the computer and donīt appear nothing. My bike, arrive to Spain by Ceuta, not directly to Spain.
                Then in Spain there are not parts for buy and not information for this bike. I have always have to buy all parts by ebay. Normally in Germany or UK.

Thanks for answer
                Regards
                JuanMi.
                GS850GT

Comment

Gasket sets are almost always "multifits" i.e. they include the gasket to cover several varients, as long as you have the gaskets you nned covered just discard the rest.

Dink

Comment

Working...
                  X