1982 gs 1100 e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 gs 1100 e

how fast is the gs 1100 e 0 to 60 also top speed i rode bike first time yesterday in 24 degree weather wow nice bike ,seems real fast for 1982

Originally posted by blair View Post
    how fast is the gs 1100 e
    You rode it. Tell us......:-D

Heres a model review from the GS Information section
    http://www.thegsresources.com/review...0ez_review.htm

Ask around and I bet you can get a 1/4 mile review. If I remember right it was like 11.2 sec.

What color ya got ?
    Last edited by bonanzadave; 12-21-2007, 12:40 PM.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Very fast!
      Here's some factory-type specs:

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...1100e%2082.htm
      Last edited by Guest; 12-21-2007, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blair View Post
        how fast is the gs 1100 e 0 to 60 also top speed i rode bike first time yesterday in 24 degree weather wow nice bike ,seems real fast for 1982
        Well, stock it makes about 90-95rwhp (mine dyno'd at 102rwhp/69 ft-lb with a Kerker pipe and modded airbox at 3400ft altitude). This is a bit less than current 600's and it weighs a solid 100lbs more than current sportbikes. But it's longer and way easier to launch. I have not seen 0-60 times, but my guess is around 3.5-3.8 seconds.

Quarter mile times were very close to 11 seconds flat. It was basically the fastest bike to not break into the 10's in it's day. I don't recall trap speeds, but I would guess low 120's.

Top speed would be around 130mph +/-5mph. It is hard to get much more out of an unfaired bike like these, regardless of how much power you throw at it.

It WAS fast for 82. When they came out, it was the baddest bike on the planet and just smoked everything else. Chassis-wise they are not as sophisticated as the engine, but the engine makes up for it no question.

Just a note, mine now has degreed stock cams and pods and will easily bury the tach beyond the 9500rpm redline in top gear. It could pull a couple less teeth on the rear sprocket with no problem if you want a higher top speed and smoother highway cruising. Of course, around town will suffer a bit with the taller gearing, but not a lot with all that torque.

Mark

Comment

A Word to the Wise

If that Bike has seen some miles and has had no suspension upgrades I would use caution above 100mph. Its possible to get a wobble or weave that in some cases may not be recoverable. I would find some smooth (un-patrolled) road and gradually try the triple digits. And as always.....ATGATT.
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
          X