Registration Label Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registration Label Location

I know this is probably a stupid question, but can anyone tell me the best location for the rego label to be attached on a GS550. I can't find any pics anywhere that shows a good location for this label to be placed.

I got one of those round rolly up label bizzo's and put it under my number plate.Good thing.Cheers,Simon.\\/

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Are you speaking of the paper registration that goes along with the license plate that is mounted to the back?

On my 650, I have attached a Zip-Loc bag to the bottom of the seat to hold the registration and insurance cards.
      The 850 and the Wing have trunks or other compartments where they can be safely stashed.

Last edited by Steve; 12-29-2007, 03:57 PM.
      sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hi Steve, I'm talking about the registration sticker that goes in a holder here in Australia that indicates the month and date the rego expires. How does it attach to the rear number plate. Is there a hole drilled in the rear guard under the number plate near the mud flap to hold it. If poss could you send me a picture of yours.

Cheers

Don

Comment

There are obviously different systems in use here. On the license plate itself, we have stickers that show the county within the state, and the expiration month. If you get close enough to see the smaller print, it also shows the license number and the actual date within the month that it expires.

There is also the paper registration, which is the part that is asked for in any traffic stop or inspection. That includes information on the registered owner, including address. Other information includes the vehicle description, including type, make, model,colour and serial number. This is the part that is attached under the seat or in the trunk.

Yes, I know it's expired. I got the new sticker, but mislaid it before I got it affixed to the bike.
          sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
          X