No announcement yet.

OK, now for the run-down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You shouldn't need to resort to extreem suction to get the brake fluid moving downward. Maybe your master cylinder is gunked up on and blocking flow? The Suzuki masters have a tiny little feed hole, or air release hole, not sure which, that gets plugged easily. Not sure but your CB may be the same.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Steve,
      splitfire is the the brand of the plug I pulled. I will have to do some reading on these, thanks.

Nessism,
      I think you might be on to it. I primed the MC, so I know that is working. I have air coming out of the bleeder nipple when I pump just no fluid. I figured the vacuum would get the best results. If they were clogged, how would I clean them? Just spray brake cleaner into the cylinder?

Also can anyone take a picture of the small feed hole on the masters? I am not sure if the CB has one, but if I knew what to look for so I could clean it, that would be great!

Cory

Comment

I found the best way to get new lines started on mine was to put a length of rubber on the bleed nipple & suck hard!

Without doing that there was no way I could get any fluid down to the calipers.

Dan
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

salty_monk,
          I sucked so hard I thought I was going to suck my face down into the tube. I think there is something else wrong. I sprayed the thing with a ton of brake cleaner. Maybe that will free up some sort of gunk or something.

One quick question. Did you prime the Master Cylinder before sucking? I haven't tried that yet maybe that's what I am doing wrong.

Cory

Comment

When I suck I can taste the Brake fluid, but the actual liquid doesn't move. The level in the master cylinder is exactly the same. Anyone have any suggestions? Am I missing something? I have read so many posts about this and tried everything, but I can't seem to get it going. Someone said something about cleaning the calipers. How would I do that? Again this is a CB650. But compared to me GS it looks very similar.

Cory

Comment

Originally posted by KRISTI'SGS550 View Post
              salty_monk,

One quick question. Did you prime the Master Cylinder before sucking? I haven't tried that yet maybe that's what I am doing wrong.

Cory
              yea, i was going to ask... try priming the cylinder first
              GS850GT

Comment

I have the cylinder shooting out brake fluid when i push the lever with the bolts and banjo off. But as soon as I put them back on, all that comes out is air and I can feel the air coming out of the bleeder needle on the caliper. It's really confusing me.

Comment

Someone said something about cleaning the calipers. How would I do that?
                  push the piston out by compressed air, take the rubber seal out - see what's the condition - cleaning with the brake cleaner and lubing with the brake fluid should be enough (but if theres rust you may need to sand the cylinder - piston lightly with emery paper)
                  GS850GT

Comment

awesome psyguy,

I will try that now. I am sure you still wont be on here when I am done, but just in case. I will keep you posted.

Comment

I have the cylinder shooting out brake fluid when i push the lever with the bolts and banjo off. But as soon as I put them back on, all that comes out is air and I can feel the air coming out of the bleeder needle on the caliper. It's really confusing me.
                      thats good news
                      so, its either the hoses or the caliper
                      your hoses may be clogged inside (including from falling to pieces due to age). try compressed air.
                      GS850GT

Comment

psyguy,
                        my hoses are brand new. Should I still blow some air through them? Maybe they need primed somehow because they are new?

Comment

What about the bolts on these things? I mean what if the hole doesn't match up with the hole in the banjo. Will the fluid still flow? Or will it be like my situation and just be air?

Comment

psyguy,
                            my hoses are brand new. Should I still blow some air through them? Maybe they need primed somehow because they are new?
                            that's good, one problem less. no "priming" needed for the hoses
                            GS850GT

Comment

What about the bolts on these things? I mean what if the hole doesn't match up with the hole in the banjo. Will the fluid still flow? Or will it be like my situation and just be air?
                              absolutely, the holes have to match! you can inspect the alignment visually while the bolt and the banjo are apart
                              then,
                              take one thing at a time
                              the master is working...
                              so, fit the hose now and make sure you get the fluid coming out at the other end of the hose
                              then, onto the calipers
                              GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
                                absolutely, the holes have to match! you can inspect the alignment visually while the bolt and the banjo are apart
                                This right here it me problem. I bet the bolt and the banjo don't line up. They are new banjos but old bolts. I will have to find out where the hole in the bolt is when tight. Then position my banjo to that specific destination. I bet that's it. I wasn't lining them up earlier. I just put them on and tightened them wherever, paying no mind to their positioning.

Comment

Working...
                                X