here we go another jetkit 4-1 question gs1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here we go another jetkit 4-1 question gs1100

I know, i know lots of these threads around but theres so many and i cant find the info i need... i have a stock 1983 gs1100e, I recently found a vance&hines supersport(canister type) and want to put that on my bike.. I will probably go with K&N pods and a dyno jet jet kit(stage 3). anyone have any good experiences with this combo??? are the dyno jet kits close to being"right" or will I be taking the carbs on/off alot??? I live in wisconsin by the lake so I think I'm around 600 feet above sea level if that matters???

Originally posted by saber1971 View Post
    are the dyno jet kits close to being"right" or will I be taking the carbs on/off alot???
    I don't know about the Dynojet kit (I jetted my 82 1100E with Mikuni parts), but you will not likely get it right the first time. Accept this, it is part of the tuning process. I probably had my carbs out a total of 6 or 7 times to get it right. With pods this is not a big hardship and I think I spent 2 saturday afternoons to sort it out. Cheap price for the improved power and sound as well as overall better operation and running.

If you don't like to tinker, I don't recommend pods or a jet kit unless you know someone who can sort it for you.

Mark

Comment

I would start out with needle at second from bottom, 132 DJ mains and bump up the Pilot jet to 47.5 if the idle mixture screws are out more than four turns.
      The needle might be a half to a notch rich but it is a good starting point. To do a half notch put the spring washer over the e clip then the small DJ washer and the stock plastic spacer. Get four washers the same size as the stock washer over the spring and use that under the e clip to keep the spring from slipping over. Notice the difference at the end where the needle sticks out of the stock spacer.
      Good luck.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Don't feel too bad man... I'm probalby gogin to be spending the bucks on a 4-into-1 V&H soon enough.. I will likely go pods at that point as well, lucky me there are plunty of folks here willing to offer sound advice...shoulder to cry on etc. =) ... though I could almost say I could cheat and attend a meet with everyone and have a jetting session at teh same time... 8-[

...Chef is the man (remember those cam bolts?) worked great btw :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Kcwiro View Post
          Don't feel too bad man... I'm probalby gogin to be spending the bucks on a 4-into-1 V&H soon enough.. I will likely go pods at that point as well, lucky me there are plunty of folks here willing to offer sound advice...shoulder to cry on etc. =) ... though I could almost say I could cheat and attend a meet with everyone and have a jetting session at teh same time... 8-[

...Chef is the man (remember those cam bolts?) worked great btw :-D
          Glad you got her going. :-D
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
          X