Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000G 1980 Owners Manual

Hi,
    I know I have asked before if any one has a pdf copy of an Owners Manual for a GS1000G 1980.

Edit: This is not the 28meg Service manual on BassCliff's and other sites
    I had some promises, but maybe the folks were too busy. I would really appreciate a copy if anyone has the time.

Thanks in advance.:-D

Edit: I was given one and here is the scanned copy: http://www.mediafire.com/?vmjmmkkmjgm

Last edited by Guest; 04-03-2008, 10:28 AM. Reason: Have found one and posting for others.

While I was looking for a PDF manual for my 1982 GS1100GL (which I have not found) I found one you are looking for on this web site you can download.

Hopefully someone will answer my post as I've had no luck so far. Hope this one helps you.

Comment

I downloaded it too. Its been useful on my 850.

Comment

Hi,
        Thanks for the PM's and replies, but I am actually looking for a copy of the "Owners Manual" not the Service manual. That is the one that came with the bike.
        Hopefully some kind soul will scan their one to PDF.

The copy BassCliff has on his website is the full service manual. Unfortunately he has only named it GS1000E/S/L Manual. Actually it also has a supplement for the G. Hopefully he will change it to Service manual.

Thanks again.

Comment

Mr. Matchless.

I have an owners manual. I can mail it to you and you can copy it, then mail it back.

Hows that sound?

Rick

Comment

Hi Rick,
            I think here we have the most helpful folks on any forum anywhere!
            I have PM'd you and will gladly do that and send back to you immediately after copying. Hopefully I can then share the PDF with other forum users and spread your goodwill.
            Thanks again

Comment

hehe I was coming to that conclusion myself as I just haven't found time to do it. Hopefully you are sorted now.

Dan
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Edited the link

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
                The copy BassCliff has on his website is the full service manual. Unfortunately he has only named it GS1000E/S/L Manual. Actually it also has a supplement for the G. Hopefully he will change it to Service manual. Thanks again.
                Thanks for the suggestion Mr. Matchless. I have renamed the link to 'GS1000E/S/L/G Service Manual'. I like to avoid causing confusion whenever I can, except when I'm having fun. :-D

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
                Last edited by Guest; 03-17-2008, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Dan,
                  Thanks anyway, I know how it is, some things are always on the backburner and one just never seem to get around to it.

Rick says he will get it off to me today and I will then scan and make available on the forum in case others are interested as well.

I think the wealth of detail and information available on this forum must surely exceed many others! I think there is absolutely nothing on a GS that has not been covered in many different ways at many different times by many different experts!!

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                  hehe I was coming to that conclusion myself as I just haven't found time to do it. Hopefully you are sorted now.

Dan

Comment

Mr BassCliff,
                    10/10 !!! I had a bet with myself that you would pick that up. Quite a few folks have referred me to your website, it seems to be growing quite fast and you can definitely drop the "little". I even saw a mention on another forum. I heard a rumour that you are considering adding a welcome tune (mp3) to your already hearty welcome, most likely in bass??=D>
                    Keep up your good work, you are feeding many hungry minds!

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                    Thanks for the suggestion Mr. Matchless. I have renamed the link to 'GS1000E/S/L/G Service Manual'. I like to avoid causing confusion whenever I can, except when I'm having fun. :-D

BassCliff

Comment

Rick says he will get it off to me today and I will then scan and make available on the forum in case others are interested as well.
                      That would be great and very appriciated!
                      I have a GS850G -81, and I'm looking forward for this Owner's Manual in PDF format.

Love this forum and it's efford for helping others. =D>
                      Big eloge to Mr BassCliff!!! :-D

Comment

Panegyrical?

Originally posted by Fox View Post
                        That would be great and very appriciated!
                        I have a GS850G -81, and I'm looking forward for this Owner's Manual in PDF format.

Love this forum and it's efford for helping others. =D>
                        Big eloge to Mr BassCliff!!!
                        Thanks Mr. Fox, I think.

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This 'Eloge
                        'Eloge \['E]`loge"\, n. [F. See Elogium.] A panegyrical funeral oration.

There's quite a bit of 850 stuff available at my little BikeCliff website, as well as a few links to other helpful sites by other members. Please stop by and help yourself.

BassCliff

P.S. EDIT:

pan·e·gyr·ic /ˌpænɪˈdʒɪrɪk, -ˈdʒaɪrɪk/ Pronunciation Key - [pan-i-jir-ik, -jahy-rik] - noun
                        1.a lofty oration or writing in praise of a person or thing; eulogy. 2.formal or elaborate praise.

OK, I guess I'll take that as a compliment. :-D

Thanks Mr. Fox!
                        Last edited by Guest; 03-18-2008, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Pardon my french

'Eloge \['E]`loge"\, n. [F. See Elogium.] A panegyrical funeral oration.
                          Eloge = praise (just looked up in a swedish-english diccionary)

I thougt it was an international word but looking this further up it comes origanally from french...

So no "panegyrical funeral oration" for you Mr BassCliff! \\/

There's quite a bit of 850 stuff available at my little BikeCliff website
                          Already found your website for a while ago. :-D

Thanks Mr. Fox!
                          Thank you!

Comment

Hopefully I can then share the PDF with other forum users and spread your goodwill.
                            Thanks again
                            How is it going? [-o<

Comment

Hi Fox,
                              It will take a bit longer post is usually 2 to 3 weeks from USA to RSA. Then I have to scan it before I can share.
                              Once I have it I will try and do asap.

Comment

Working...
                              X