Little help with carb vent hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little help with carb vent hoses

Hey all. Ok, I'm in the middle of restoring a 1980 GS250T and just got the carbs back from being rebuilt. I forgot to take notes and/or photos of the hoses before I took them off and now I'm in a bit of a fix. I know where the fuel hose and vacuum hose go from the petcock. And I found the one nipple on the right carb (if you are sitting on the bike facing foward) but I can't find the nipple for where the vent hose goes on the left side carb. There are two hoses that go up and under the seat area and exit out over where the battery is but I can't find where the second hose fits onto the left side carb. Any ideas/photos would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

Take a look:

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
      Yeah, the only problem is that it only shows where the vent hose attaches on the right (left in diagram) carb. I need to know where #58 attaches. There isn't a nipple like the one that #55 attaches to. #66 is the vacuum hose and the big fuel hose (not shown) goes on the T which is #54. So, where on the carb does #58 attach?

Comment

doesn't #58 connect to #54, which connects the two carbs. Then #58 either goes past the air intake box or down under the bike somewhere. It's a vent tube for air flow I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by KRISTI'SGS550 View Post
          doesn't #58 connect to #54, which connects the two carbs. Then #58 either goes past the air intake box or down under the bike somewhere. It's a vent tube for air flow I believe.
          No, #54 is the T that connects the two carbs and where the large fuel hose attaches and then goes to the fuel tank pet cock. That hose is shown in the exploded view of the fuel pet cock.

Comment

if #58 doesn't connect to #54, then maybe it connects somewhere on the airbox. I would look on mine, but I have the carbs from the 550 and on my bike that hose would connect to #54. Sorry I can't help any further Ken.

Cory

Comment

It's ok. I'll figure it out. I found the hose that goes to the airbox. And I found the drain hose that's for the battery. I'm thinking that there might only be one vent hose for the 2 carbs. Since the larger bikes that have 4 carbs only have 2 it might make sense that the 250 with only 2 carbs only has one? (I looked at the pics from the carb rebuilds for the larger bikes and saw that).

Comment

Ken,
                it makes sense to me that the carbs for the 250 only have one vent hose as well.

Cory

Comment

Working...
                X