X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good place to buy

good place to buy valve covers and breather gaskets

Shane

Just gaskets, or do you need the cover too?

I got my gaskets at flatout.com, though you need to be ready to sign for the package and possibly be in the dark about when it ships. realgaskets.com has silicone gaskets, it you want to try that. Be careful not to overtorque those.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Mr. SDK,

I use Real Gaskets: http://www.realgaskets.com

They are reusable and will save you money (and time scrubbing off the old gaskets) in the long run over purchasing paper gaskets every time you check your valves.

There are two different valve cover gaskets for the 850G, depending on your bolt hole pattern. Torque on these is measured in inch/pounds.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I Second the Real Gaskets. I've had that cover off a few times now with the same gasket - works great.

My advice - read the instructions so you don't over-torque (I tihnk they only require 15 in/lbs)and buy yourself a 10mm ratcheting box wrench. Helps with if you need to check or re-tighten - so you don't need to remove the horns.

Comment

SSSSooooooooo if you use the valve coer gasket, what do you use under the valve cover bolts? Will the stock washers from Suzuki work with the low torque values?

Comment

Hi Mr. Clone,

My valve cover bolts don't have any washers.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

where do i buy the breather gasket?

clone they should work because thats what is spec for the bike and if they are on there to begain with, then leave them on and tighten to spec!!

thanks
              Shane

Comment

SDK, when I read your original post I wasn't sure if you were asking a question or making some kind of statement . LOL

Comment

Shane,
                  I got my breather gasket from bikebandt, only because I was already buying stuff from there and figured I would add it. With their cheap $7.95 shipping it was worth it.

Cory

Comment

They don't show anything for a GS750. Is it the same as an 850?

Comment

Working...
                    X