Advice Needed on Yamaha Carb Dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice Needed on Yamaha Carb Dip

Hi All. I have purchased some Yamaha Carb Dip and it says on the instructions to dilute with two parts of water to one part of carb dip. Do you GSers think it would damage the carb in any way if I used the dip undiluted and at full strength.

DON'T DO IT MATE!!!! - it says Yamaha on the label. It's sure to damage them.

j/k
    LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Zooks View Post
      DON'T DO IT MATE!!!! - it says Yamaha on the label. It's sure to damage them.

j/k
      LOL
      C'mon I was after some real help.

Comment

Details of instructions.

Comment

Is it a detergent, an acid? something else?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Sorry, it was just a joke.

Comment

glycol ether and xylene.. both are solvents. i would mix. both appear to be reletivly acidic. might try not mixing it in three parts but one to one.. i've read that the 3:1 mixture is pretty weak and not nearly as effective as the old formula.

Comment

Originally posted by seuadr View Post
                glycol ether and xylene.. both are solvents. i would mix. both appear to be reletivly acidic. might try not mixing it in three parts but one to one.. i've read that the 3:1 mixture is pretty weak and not nearly as effective as the old formula.
                thanks. I've read the same. I might take your advice and mix 1:1. I also thought it might be a bit weak. BTW it's what he said --- glycol ether and xylene. The new formulae is not as good as the old.

Comment

Before And After Pics

Well I've finally worked out my carb dip solution. So here are a couple of before and after pics. Thanks for the input of those that were involved. Even you ZOOKS. haha
                  Last edited by Guest; 04-06-2008, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Looks like a winner to me Don Congrats on the find. I have been thinkin bout playin around with some home grown stuff. Like i wonder what Dawn mixed in heavy duty with a bit of water would do scrubbed with an old tooth brush? I have access to dips of all kinds, fortunately, but im a curious cat...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                      Looks like a winner to me Don Congrats on the find. I have been thinkin bout playin around with some home grown stuff. Like i wonder what Dawn mixed in heavy duty with a bit of water would do scrubbed with an old tooth brush? I have access to dips of all kinds, fortunately, but im a curious cat...
                      Your a lucky man CAFE. The solution didn't appear to work until I boiled the carb bits in it for 30mins. We motor cycle types are a weird bunch, but have always been able to improvise.
                      Last edited by Guest; 04-06-2008, 03:59 AM.

Comment

I'be always boiled carbs in lemon juice, does a great job, but stinky. Remeber not to drink the juice afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by gaillarry View Post
                          I'be always boiled carbs in lemon juice, does a great job, but stinky. Remeber not to drink the juice afterwards.
                          Yeah. The xylene left a not pleasant after taste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X