The thread you all have been waiting for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thread you all have been waiting for

The GS lives! Thank you all for the help. It ended up being a lot of little things that added it up to one big thing, the bike not running. I took my time this afternoon, made sure everything was right and started her up. I did notice though one pipe is alittle cooler than the others, not cold just cooler. When the wife and I get back from vacation I will carbtune and colortune and see if it helps. Also I will probably do the Coil Relay Mod, because I have all the stuff and it's ready to go.Thanks again everyone!Cory

Excellent news bro!! Sometimes it IS just in fact a bunch of little things one overlooks in the manic dash to get it running when you know you are oh so close, then to be dissapointed by a bad connection, a carb screw turned one turn too far cos you lost count or whatever the case may be. I know that, when i finally get to reassembling my cafe in the next few weeks, i am going to run into the same problems the closer i get to hearing that motor fire up thru that 4into1 again after sitting for so long. Thats when i have to take a deep breath, step away and allow myself to slow down, take my time and not get overly excited, lest i be dissapointed when she doesnt fire up that first kick.

Keep at it bro! We want some pics now that she's all back together too!

TCK

Comment

What a relief! Congrats on your success. I have a Carbtune if you are in need of it. I don't have the Colortune, though.

Comment

Ride, ride, ride!

Mr. KRISTI'SGS550,

That is, indeed, great news. Thanks for the update. Now get out there and ride together! Very cool. \\/

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by GSJohn View Post
          What a relief! Congrats on your success. I have a Carbtune if you are in need of it. I don't have the Colortune, though.
          Thank you for the offer, but I have both. There is another Washington member on here, Kcwiro who is looking for someone in Washington with a carbtune. If you have the time could you get a hold of him?

Thanks,

Cory

Comment

glad to hear it, cory, i have been paying attention. a little jealous too, so wish me luck getting mine going!!! go out and ride the crud out of it. that you and your wife will be side by side (in staggered formation, of course) makes it so much cooler.

now, keep the shiny side up, and all that...
            greg
            1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Also I will probably do the Coil Relay Mod, because I have all the stuff and it's ready to go.Thanks again everyone!Cory[/quote]

Great news Cory. BTW I just tested my coil voltage and both coils are reading 1.5VDC less than the reading at the battery. So when I get the cylinders, head, cams, etc back on I will also be doing the coil relay conversion.
              Cheers. Don

Comment

Working...
              X