Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

79 8v 750 in to a 81 16v 750 frame will it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 8v 750 in to a 81 16v 750 frame will it work?

I am Vary new to these bikes Will this be a striate swap? What is the difrance between the 2 engines? I am not looking for power i just want the bike on the road

YeTI

I think it fits, never done it. They are the same basic shape and size.
    Only real difference is CV carbs and four valves per cylinder, a different tappet arrangement.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I got the engine cheep so if all elce I will sell her off and find a 16v one

YeTI

Comment

Only two of the six engine mounts will line up. You will need to cut the rear lower engine case to get it to fit between the frames. The airbox will not fit and the two styles of carbs cannot be swapped between engines. You will need to make all new engine mount brackets because none from either engine will line up or be long enough. I have done it, (81 750 engine into a 79 750 frame) but I will not do it again. It is way too much work.

Earl
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I am going the other way from a 80 and putting in a 79 So the engine will be smaller so It should fit between the frame the mounts I am not worried about i just do not want to cut the engine.

YeTI
          Last edited by Guest; 04-27-2008, 09:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
          X