No announcement yet.

Valve clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2.15 did the trick. I was able to get a good measurement on all 8 valves, and was able to move 3 shims around to get them in spec. I did have to order 5, one 2.60, 3 2.55s, and one 2.50. The old GS should be back on the road by the end of the month.

Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Originally posted by JATO View Post
      The old GS should be back on the road by the end of the month.
      ............. :-D
      GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
        Purely for static testing purposes, you could also temporarily fit a 29mm diameter shim (as used on Kawasaki/BMW/Yamaha) bikes if that's easier to get. As long as you don't run the engine with it in place, it could be helpful.

The Suzuki shims are 29.5mm diameter, so you'll definitely want the correct shim in place before you try to start it, or all sorts of expensive hell could break loose.
        The single time I had less than perfect service from CRC2, it was when I wanted a shim thickness that *no one* had last summer. To reward me for my patience, they threw in a 2.45 mm shim for just such a test, and did it in the Kawasaki diameter, so it's easy to identify.
        sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Working...
        X