Pod Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pod Oil

Went to Unitfilter.com just now, wondering about pod oil. I'm hoping I can find an oil locally other than the unifilter brand, which hurts the old pocket book.

Does anyone here know what kind of common (and locally attainable) oil is compatible to my pods ? By the way, I live where the movie 'deliverance' was based. So my sources are limited.

Thanks guys

Hi Mr. Escobarclan,

K&N has a kit with aerosol oil and a cleaner. I picked one up at my local auto store, about $10.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

K&N, didn't even remotely think of that.

Thanks BassCliff, I still think you're the man.

By the way, would you happen to know where I can get a cheap R/R?

My stator went kaput, my r/r tests are inconclusive, and I can't risk replacing the stator and not the r/r, incase the r/r (which is suzy stock anyway) is at fault. Used the s. papers tests too.

Comment

I got my K&N cleaner and oil at the Harley shop. I have since seen it elsewhere.

Cheap regulators? Usually, I would say to check with Duaneage, but I saw one of his posts recently that indicated that he was currently out of stock.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

ok, thank you. Gonna go look tomorrow.

Comment

I know I will probably get flamed for saying this but I have been using good old fashioned motor oil for almost 20 years without problems. I do this in every machine that I own including bikes, mowers and chainsaws (about 15 in total).

Comment

zooks, i'm an 'unconventionalist' too. if good ole' motor oil works, then i'll give it a shot too.

by the way, you still got that 550 Kat?

Comment

Yeah I got the 550 in bits in the back of my 'shedaporium'.

With the foam filters, I have always been under the impression that all you need to do is make them sticky so they trap dust and grit. I just put a bit of motor oil in my hand, squash the foam filter into it (scrunch it up) and then squeeze out the excess. After that I wrap it in a clean rag and scrunch it up again to get rid of the rest of the 'excess'.
                When it comes time to clean them, I rinse them in petrol and then wash them in warm soapy water. Dry them in the sun or with the aid of a compressor (air gun) and start the cycle again.

Does that make sense?
                Last edited by Guest; 04-30-2008, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Motor oil is just fine for foam filters. That's all you use on the stock foam elements. Just mash as much oil out of them as you can.

Comment

Agree on the motor oil suggestion. Factory Suzuki manual calls for its use on the stock filter as well. Just squeeze out the excess. Good to go.
                    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

A little dab'll do ya!

Yep, motor oil is OK. I'm just such a klutz that I tend to over-oil when using it. 8-[

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        I got my K&N cleaner and oil at the Harley shop. I have since seen it elsewhere.

Cheap regulators? Usually, I would say to check with Duaneage, but I saw one of his posts recently that indicated that he was currently out of stock.

If Duaneage is out of stock (which he was). The route I went was ebay. It should arrive tomorrow. I got one from an 04 CBR 1000. About 50 bucks shipping and all. The only caveat would be a big time seller (with good feedback) who will guarantee that it's good, and take a return if it isn't.

Comment

Maybe

Originally posted by Escobarclan View Post
                          K&N, didn't even remotely think of that.

Thanks BassCliff, I still think you're the man.

By the way, would you happen to know where I can get a cheap R/R?

My stator went kaput, my r/r tests are inconclusive, and I can't risk replacing the stator and not the r/r, incase the r/r (which is suzy stock anyway) is at fault. Used the s. papers tests too.
                          Mr. duaneage and I have been doing a little horsetrading recently. I have a couple of parts that might work, but they are untested and will need proper connectors added. PM me if you are interested. Otherwise, just type in "regulator rectifier" in an ebay search and check out the results.

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
                          X