Help identifying jets/jet kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identifying jets/jet kit

How can I tell if I have a Dynojet kit installed in my carbs? Are there any markings on the parts? I ask because when I bought the bike the PO said he rejetted the carbs but fouled the plugs once (presumably because it was running too rich). Based on my blue headers and a sad attempt at plug chops, I think it's running too lean. So I'm guessing he didn't use a kit and just put the (wrong?) jets in himself. I'd prefer not to damage or destroy the engine by running too lean, so any help you can offer is appreciated.

I'm beginning to wonder if I bit off more than I can chew by buying an older bike...

The main jets have a small head on them and the needle is pointy. I do believe the DJ jets have a DJ marking. Plus the slides will be drilled through the hole next to where the needle comes out of the slide.
    If you want me to I can take a pic of a mikuni jet and a DJ jet side by side.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

A picture would be great. I still don't know my way around these carbs at all.

Comment

The smaller jet is the DJ jet. The needle is stock. The DJ needle is pointed with notches in it to raise and lower the needle.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures. Tomorrow is supposed to be a rainy day, so I'll have to open up one of my carbs and see what I've got in there.

Comment

DJ needles will have 5 slots on them, stockers one.

Comment

Working...
            X