Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left Rear signals fails when headlight is on???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left Rear signals fails when headlight is on???

OK this might casue you to laugh.....a typical self-inflicted wound type story..

I built some LED turn signals for the rear and installed a new electronic flasher. There are no signals at all in the front at this time. Both signals work fine unless the headlight is turned on in which case the left signal doesn't work at all while the right side continues to work just fine. The flasher continues to do its thing or at least I can hear it but nothing at the signal. :shock: Turn off the headlight and voila both rear signals work fine again. I *thought* I labeled everything correctly when I removed the OEM signals but apparently I'm missing something.

There is a common ground connector at the rear signals that the right side signal is tied into. Black w/ White stripe to Black w/ white stripe. Left side has a grey wire for ground and there is a grey wire in the common connector but if I add the left side ground wire to the common connector the signals still do not work and the flasher stops working all together as do the headlights.

I'll be looking at it again tomorrow but in the meantime if anyone has any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them. Photos would be good to have too. Yeah...should've thought of that before....

Any electrical guru out there that wants to take pity on a fool??

Check your wiring diagram. Grey is hot coming coming off the light switch. Green and black are hot to the turn signals.

Comment

1981 GS750EX Wiring Diagram out of the Clymer's Manual.

Comment

Well, that wiring diagram is pretty worthless. I think BassCliff has some on his web site.

Comment

Got it! When I made the LED signals I did not have matching wire colors thus my error. Thanks for the assist.

Comment

Working...
          X