Fairings for 1980 gs550E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fairings for 1980 gs550E

I know the 750 and 850 are very similar to the 550. I would just like to know if they made any fairings for the 550? I can find like the wind jammers for the 750, but nothing for a 550. I don't even know if it is feasible to put one on. My bike has been equipped with luggage rack and back support for passenger.

I will be dressing this bike up a bit, for I want a nice commuter. Just having a hard time finding parts for this bike. Need headlight, right front signal, carb boots, quite possibly a new set of air intake boots as well.

Oh yeah, before I forget. Tires. Where do I find tires? Are my tires tube or tubless? I am sure these are the stock tires on the mag rims, so I don't know if there is a tube in there. I want to try and get touring tires, not big fatty tires that go on your crotch rockets....any ideas folks?

Check out www.Bikebandit.com for the OEM stuff. Your tires will work tubeless. There is a lot of good info in the archives, just dive in.

Comment

The Vetter Windjammers will fit your bike and there are plenty of them out there with new parts available from craigvetter.com. The only difficulty lies in obtaining the right mount for you model bike. The fairings mounts are bike specific so you'll have to look around to get the right mount for your make/model/year. The other option of course is to try to fabricate your own mount. The Windjammer is a relatively large fairing and offers excellent protection from the wind, rain and has some storage. Fleabay has plenty of them.
      Vetter also manufactured a smaller fairing called a "Quicksilver". This might look proportionally better on the 550 although it has a kind of "pointy" look which I'm not too keen on but it doesn't look bad. On my 550 I opted for a "Plexifairing III" from National Cycle. It's just a big clear windscreen. Works very well.

Comment

i just ordered some pirellis from americanmototire.com

Comment

Working...
        X