Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a call from RM Stator

Hi everyone,

Those of you with RM Stator parts, I just wanted you to know that we are dealing with good people.

I had a call last Friday and was told that there was nothing wrong with my stator and they were going to send it back if nothing else showed up in their testing. They said it had been putting out 150 volts (AC). It seems they left my stator in their test machine all weekend. Today I got another call from Mike at RM Stator and was told that their testing apparatus had found that there was a difference in resistance on one of the legs and therefore they are going to replace the stator with a new part. I should have it by the end of the week.

I was impressed that they would go to such effort to verify the operational condition of a seemingly good returned part. I would not hesitate to use or recommend their parts. My hat's off to RMStator.com.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 05-05-2008, 04:50 PM.

wow thats good news...

so they make factory replacement stators for our GS's or what?

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS750 View Post
      wow thats good news...

so they make factory replacement stators for our GS's or what?
      Yes Mr. 80GS750. They make stators and regulator/rectifiers. Check them out at http://www.rmstator.com or their ebay store at http://stores.ebay.com/store=137100099 . Several members here use their products.

BassCliff

Comment

I replaced the stator on my GS550 with one from RM Stator and its been running great for over a year.

Comment

Hi Mr. gaillarry,

I'm not exactly sure why mine failed. It must've been made on a Friday, perhaps a manufacturing defect that took a while to manifest. It worked great for 6 months then went out like a light bulb. The folks at RM Stator replaced it under their one year warranty. I was pleased to see them stand behind their product. I'm sure the next one will last much longer.

BassCliff
          Last edited by Guest; 05-06-2008, 02:43 PM.

Comment

I read somewhere that they are made in Argentina, hopefully a better product than a chinese knockoff !!

Comment

BassCliff, I still gotta say "YOU'RE THE MAN !!!"

I was weighing who I need to order mine from, now I know. I need to call them though, they don't seem to have my 82' Kat's model of stator, unless it's some kind of stator that fits several models.

Last edited by Guest; 05-06-2008, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X