Air screw size? Need to modify hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air screw size? Need to modify hole

I have a 1980 GS850L and during a complete cleaning of the Carbs and installing new kits I had a large amount of difficultly removing screw/bolts....everything. I'm down to the air screws and had to drill and extract them. Success on two and issues with the other two. I'm going to have to increase the hole to fit a helicoil in to reinstall the new air screws. I know this is a long shot but does anyone know the size of helicoil I'd need or for that matter the size the air screw threads are? Maybe, just maybe something can go right with this bike I got took on and someone can give up some information they never thought another would ask for. [-o<

i dont wanna burst your bubble, and i am NO expert, but.....i think you need new carbs.....someone else will know more than me, though......
    1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

I tend to agree, those screws have a very fine pitch, I haven't looked, but I doubt you'll find a helicoil to fit. Even if you do, you'll probably have to modify it to fit without blocking the passages. You can usually find a full rack of carbs on eBay for not too much money, and it will save you a ton of work.

Comment

Or check in the For Sale section or post in the Wanted Parts forum.
        1979 GS 1000

Comment

Working...
        X