JB Weld!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JB Weld!

I am engin enamel painting both my crank covers... The last owner of my GS750e dumped her doing 20 MPH and scratched the cover. The scratches where bad enough I decided I am going to fill them in with some high temp epoxie and paint both of them (only one is scratched). I am just wundering has anyone else here used JB Weld or similar epoxie products to fix and/or fill anything in their bikes?

GSR guys spread JB Weld on their toast \\/
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Yes, it works very well for filling in gouges on engine cases or small dings and dents in gas tanks or anything else metal. It sets up very hard, so dont use any more than you need so as to minimize sanding. It does not do well on fiberglass parts. Although it adheres extremely well to fiberglass, it is harder than the fiberglass, so sanding it down usually dishes out the fiberglass around the repair.

Earl

Originally posted by Strat View Post
      I am engin enamel painting both my crank covers... The last owner of my GS750e dumped her doing 20 MPH and scratched the cover. The scratches where bad enough I decided I am going to fill them in with some high temp epoxie and paint both of them (only one is scratched). I am just wundering has anyone else here used JB Weld or similar epoxie products to fix and/or fill anything in their bikes?
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

im going to use some on my carb cover where my hose clamp made a nice gouge.

Comment

MMMMM toast
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Cracking GOOD toast, Gromit!

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

nuff said.

Comment

My first experiences with JB Weld was when I bought a classic 86
                VFR700 red, white, and blue. The right footpeg bracket was cracked,
                and damaged. I applied JB Weld and repaired it solid. It is stronger
                than the aluminum itself.

This is a miracle bonding agent that uses "cold welding" without
                any heat. You could technically put a whole trashed bike together
                with this adhesive....it works that good.

I also used it on a custom hardware to fuse large washers with
                threaded studs I was making to secure Ignitor boxes on my cruiser.
                It works well I have placed my life on it. THey now have different
                formulas where-as one is the original, and the other has a cataylist
                that dries within 5-minutes.

You can't go wrong with JB Weld. This is one product China has not copied, otherwise I'd be dead by now !!

KT \\/

Comment

No body mentioned using heat with original JB. I mix up the original formula and then use a heat gun or a propane torch to make the stuff flow like water. I've built up Intake ports and patched holed cases this way. It sets within 2 minutes after the heat is taken away and will be completely hardened with in 15 minutes. Try it you will be amazed at how nice it flows out

Comment

JB Weld works great on gas tanks. Used it to seal a pin hole leak on the gas tank on my '72 Honda CD175. Has lasted the last 2 years with no further problems.\\/

Just used it again today to fix a previous poor patch good by a previous owner on a small hair line crack on my '84 GS750 stator cover - gorged/cracked from previous drop. :-D

The stuff is awesome...

VUR

Comment

Working...
                    X