Self-Cancelling T-sigs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self-Cancelling T-sigs!

Is it easy to disable these (850L)? I've had one for 2 1/2 years and I still don't like it. I'm not a last minute signaller, especially on a bike, and I invariably have to hit it twice before I get my turn made. Today I turned left at a busy 4-way stop intersection, and saw at the last second that my signal had self-cancelled. I felt stupid, and also had thoughts of how the after-crash lawsuit against Suzuki would work out regarding a 25-year old bike

As I recall, all you have to do is unplug the unit and the signals become rider-cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingace View Post
      As I recall, all you have to do is unplug the unit and the signals become rider-cancelled.

Yep, that's what I did, and the only way they shut off is if I shut them off.

Comment

Ah, excellent. Where does it unplug?

Comment

The old pre systems 80 needs to be rewired. Then you need a switch with a detent position

Comment

I don't think the 'L' model came out until 82 or 83 - but I could be wrong.

The unit is under the seat/battery somewhere - I can't remember just exactly now. Maybe someone else can be more specific.
            Last edited by Guest; 05-22-2008, 07:51 PM.

Comment

The unit is strapped to the battery box. You will need to re-wire, and buy a manual cancel switch, but it's an easy change. Here's a thread I did a long time ago. This should be the same for your bike.

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
              79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Thanks, I will check under there. I've got an '83, so maybe I won't have to do the rewire, new switch thing (?). If so, I guess I'll be stuck with it for a while longer.:?

Comment

Fixed!

That was easy. I just unplugged it, and there seems to be no side effects. Now I can ride with it on all the time .

On the '83 850L, it's under the right side cover, on the side of the battery holder, right next to the turn signal relay.

Thanks for the idea. - Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X