Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my project in full effect

some on pics on how it going let me know what you think

Well...........it looks like you got it apart !!

GO MAN GO !!!

Good Luck.
    Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Nice 78 with spokies Thank god you are getting rid of that godawfull ugly seat. Love those 8valve 750s! Should be a fun project...good luck!

Comment

its a 1979

Comment

Ahh, well its got NOT 79 forks and wheels on it then. Still, essentially the same. Only thing that tipped me off that it wasnt a 77 was the rear master cylinder.

Comment

im going to go for the cafe look

Comment

Well, do yourself a favour and DONT cut the rear of the frame. Made for a bitch in finding a premade seat for it
              I ended up having to make my own

Comment

damn to late i cut it today like 4in off

Comment

Bummer...that kinda sucks

Comment

do you think this seat will work????
                    http://www.oldbikebarn.com/Street/1977-Suzuki-GS750-E/CB750-K-Cafe-Racer-Seat-Modified

Comment

Originally posted by andtex24m View Post
                      ANYTHING will pretty much work, as long as its designed for the big fours. your width at front will need to be about 8 inches, and widen out to at least 10 if i recall correctly. I did all this over the winter last year. The problem you are going to have now is that the seat you're looking at there is 28" long. You cut your frame, so you've lost all the support back there for it, unless you weld some struts up or something, Or you could attempt to cut that seat down in front. But then it might be too wide. This is why i ended up making my own, so i had it fit EXACTLY.

Comment

Here is an EXCELLENT place to visit for this stuff if you'd like a different kind of seat, rather than the old bump stop cafe type thats been done to death.

AirTech has the motorcycle fairings, fenders, tail sections, seats, and gas fuel tanks you are looking for! Building a cafe racer or a vintage race bike for Ahrma? Call us for all your project needs, we've got over 30 years of experience in manufacturing bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                        X