Front Brake Switch Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdodson View Post
    Does anyone know if the Brake switch from http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...fCatId=&mmyId= will fit my GS1150ES Model? I pulled mine apart to clean it and it looks the same as this one. put after calling Dennis Kirt and finding the OEM #57460-49300 on this item, They didn't show it going to a GS1150ES Model. I called Suzuki and they show OEM # 57460-33700 Switch Assy, Stop for my GS1150ES model. i WOULD RATHER SPEND $9.00 dollars from Dennis Kirk vs $29.95 from Suzuki. Any help would be much appreciated.

Your link didn't work. I think you want this switch here, which I assume is the one you are referring to:

This looks like the typical front brake switch used for many of the gs line. This looks like a clone of OEM 57460-33700. I am not real found of the stock switch, it has very easy to lose parts and isn't exactly the most sensitive switch.

For my money, I would opt for one of the hydraulic ones, I think they would be a better switch with less chance of failure.

Comment

I beleive you are correct that this is just like the switch that I have on my bike. I am just going to order it tomorrow. I blew up the photo of the switch in your link and it really looks Identical to mine. Thank you for the response waterman.

Comment

I went ahead and ordered the brake switch today. I will post a response on how it turned out when it comes in. It might help someone else that wanted to know about this part fitting there bike as well.

Comment

One more quick question the two wires that come off of the brake switch where do they plug into? I have two female open end wires hanging inside my fairing coming from inside my head lamp, could that be where to plug these wires into? I wouldn't think so, but they are coming from the wiring harness is why I ask. I don't have a manual and no access to the schematics of the wiring system. When I realized my brake switch failed to light up my tail light is when I realized I didn't have any wires coming from my brake switch anymore. not sure what happened to them.

Comment

Working...
          X