Carb boot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb boot question

I am putting 36mm flat slide carbs on my 1979 gs1000 motor but all i can find is the intake boots for the stock 26mm carbs does anyone know where I can find the right ones ? thanks for the help anthony

I expect you will need to make adapters to fit the bolt spacing for the larger boots.

Comment

z-1 should have them

Comment

purchase 4 (big boots) from schnitz/APE ect...
        slot the holes(dremel/file) to match your smaller pattern.
        seal as needed with silicone.
        they do not make big boots with small boot patterns(i never found a source).
        this is what ive had to do in the past to install CV carbs/33's/34's/36's ect.. on a non CV 8 valve head--suzuki and kawi.
        once the boots are installed you can mark the inside against the head and remove the excess material in a funnel type shape so that there is not a large step where the boot bolts to the head.

Comment

I think you want Sudco Part # 002-053: 60mm bolt spacing, 40 mm carb spigot diameter. http://www.sudco.com/flange.html

Measurements, etc. (everything I know) is in this thread. There's a set offered in that thread that might work for you, although I'm not sure if the bolt spacing is right.

- Richard

Comment

Working...
          X