Ignition relay modification.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignition relay modification.

Sorry to be a putz but can anyone point me to the instructions for said Mod? I've done a search and been all over Basscliff's site and through it to the other lads sites and come up dry. I know its written somewhere as I remember reading it a few months back.

Referring to this project can any of the Canadian members advise me where I can get the relays? Tried Parts Source, Napa & Carquest but not finding anything.

Cheers all,
    Spyug.

Hi Mr. spyug,

My webpage is kind of wide. It's in the column on the right side of the page.

Coil Relay Modification
    (by Mr. oldryder and Mr. Matchless)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCLiff

Comment

Thanks fellas. Much appreciated. I'll bookmark it this time.

Need to get the eyes checked again too I think

Cheers all,
      Spyug

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
        Thanks fellas

Cheers all,
        Spyug
        So, you don't like that part of getting older either.

Comment

If we ever ride together, YOU go first.

Comment

Hey I'm better than 20/20 in one eye. The one they put the plastic lense in. Its only when I try and use the other one (with the growing cataract) that I need the seeing eye puppy.

I'm actually thinking of getting a side hack so I can get the seeing eye puppy to ride with me (and point out the way)

And no I don't enjoy spending everyday in various amounts of pain. I'm looking forward to getting out this coming weekend to test out the new heated grips so i'm starting to ramp up the Ibuprofen today so I can be relatively pain free....I hope.

Ride safe everyone......that means behind me.

Cheers,
            spyug

Comment

Referring to this project can any of the Canadian members advise me where I can get the relays? Tried Parts Source, Napa & Carquest but not finding anything.

Cheers all,
              Spyug.

Well, I'm not Canadian, but I got mine at Advanced Auto Parts, not sure if they're in the Great White North.

Bwringer recomended them in a post I saw - they carry a Optronics "40A relay for auxiliary lights and horns," P/N - A715, for about $5. Nice little relay, weather proof, heavy duty & cheap!

'85 GS550L - SOLD
              '85 GS550E - SOLD
              '82 GS650GL - SOLD
              '81 GS750L - SOLD
              '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
              '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
              '82 GS1100G - SOLD
              '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Lordco comes to mind, but I think they may only be in BC. Princess Auto has always been good to me for this sort of thing. Canadian Tire used to be good though I they don't stock as many generic electrical parts as they used to. It depends on the store.

Pretty much any place that sells exterior vehicle lights should be able to help you (think of off-roading, truck accessories and the like). Tell them you you want to wire up some fog lights and you need the right relay since its the same part (get two of them).
                Last edited by Guest; 02-27-2009, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys. I did actually find them in the Napa store. I took the part number from the one mentioned in the tutorial but it didn't match as the numbers are for US product. I did find them hanging on a display board and for fellow Canucks the part is by Grote model #44840-5 (30 amp 4 pole).

Guess what I'll be doing this weekend.

Cheers all,
                  Spyug

Comment

I got mine at canadian tire, just a generic relay, I bought two and carry the second around with me. Best bang for the buck mod by far. I mounted mine on one of the screws that hold the starter solenoid. No problems at all so far.

Comment

Working...
                    X