carb cleaning ????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb cleaning ????????

Was just wondering if i can stick this part in the chem dip? didn't know if it would hurt the screen or if the screen could be taken off. thanks in advance for the help.
    I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
    1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Berryman's never hurt any of mine. Those will just snap off if you use a thumbnail, but have a plan ready to catch the little buggers when they pop off.

RB
    and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

cool i just didnt want to hurt anything. ill just put them in to soak. they do need a good cleaning. also thanks mr. barr for supplying us with such an easy site to order our orings from. just ordered mine today.
      I didnt do it I swear !!

1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Originally posted by kparkfan View Post
        Was just wondering if i can stick this part in the chem dip? didn't know if it would hurt the screen or if the screen could be taken off. thanks in advance for the help.
        I always take mine off. the carb dip may eat the plastic, but I guess it depends on how long you leave it it there... I typically leave my carb parts in for at least 24 hrs. I use carb spray to clean mine...

As Robert says, be ready to hunt for those little buggers after you pop them off across the garage floor!
        '85 GS550L - SOLD
        '85 GS550E - SOLD
        '82 GS650GL - SOLD
        '81 GS750L - SOLD
        '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
        '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
        '82 GS1100G - SOLD
        '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

i guess just to be on the safe side i'll take them off just in case lol. i'll have my wife standing by to keep an eye on them just incase one gets away.
          I didnt do it I swear !!

1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Working...
          X