So

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So

So last night around six thirty me and my brother completed our weekend ride and purchase of my new GS 1000. The ride was awesome and cold as it was 28 degrees most of the ride and no fairing what so ever lol . Anyways it runs great drives great and needs only a few cosmetic things like the seat wrap but i can deal with that thanks to everyone on here for showing me the beauty outside the KZ world lol
    heres some pics and im happy to be a GS owner

Sounds like we're going to have to have us a GS maintenance party in my garage soon.

Congrats on the bike. It looks better than it did in the pics. I think you got a hell of a deal on it. I like that color scheme too. Most of the ones you see are either the black with white stripe (skunk) or the blue with gold stripe. Nice.

I got the 750E dewinterized yesterday and went on a ride today. You guys have my respect. It was freakin' cold yesterday and today.
    Last edited by Griffin; 03-01-2009, 09:23 PM.
    sigpic

SUZUKI:
    1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
    HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
    KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
    YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Congratulations! Nice bike,great pics, excellent evil grin-woohoo!

Comment

well

well thank you both and i think your right griffin i think a party is a must lol id like to see that beauty in person (750). And id love for you to give the bike a look over and see if you see anything that we missed. And you are so right about it being cold yesterday if me and my brother hadnt bunny hopped the ride i may not have gotten it back here lol we shot about seventy five each and then traded it was a blast though anyways thanks for all of you guys messages and hands on help from griffin. anyways im gonna go take a short night ride

Comment

Nice score!
          And another convert,Kawa's built some nice motors,but they skimped on handling. Keeps the cigs away from the fuel cap,it's vented, we want to keep the bike

And nice Lincoln by the way.

Just needs a little tlc and she'll be running like new.
          I have a V&H on my 1000s, sounds sweet doesn't it!
          Keith
          -------------------------------------------
          1980 GS1000S, blue and white
          2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

yah

they do sound sweet it runs like a raped ape too lol

Comment

Congratulations there Mr. areid2009. You've got a nice bike happening! Thanks for the pictures.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

thanks

thanks bass im going to put a new pic up in the morning of the new mirrors we put on her today they came with the bike and a box of other cool goodies so we switched the bug eyes that were on it to some short blacks that are nice ill get a pick up in the morning and if anyone knows where i can get a replacement seat rap maroon preferably if not i can get it painted please let me know
                thanks again

Comment

Well, I'd like to add my congrats, too, but I can't see the pictures. I am probably the last person on earth that does not have access to MySpace, FaceBook, MyLife, or any of those other social sharing sites, and I don't intend to sign up just to see some bike pix.

Thanks for sharing, anyway, maybe someone can re-post them on a public site?

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hi,

Check my website for seat repair tips. If you want a color other than black for your seat cover, check http://motorcycleseatcovers.com/ . They might have a color close to what you want.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Congrats on the bike.

I used to have one of them back in 1980. Same color and all. Very fond memories indeed of that bike.
                      Good for you.

1984 Suzuki GS 750 E
                      1980 Ducati Pantah 500

Comment

Congrats... nice looking bike! I'm sure you will get alot of pleasure out of it...

Comment

Working...
                        X